Thursday, October 14, 2010

The many covers of Harry Potter

The ones I know and love...  of the versions I have seen/read these are my favorite- I love Mary Grandpre's cover art, but what makes these extra special is that, as far as I know, they are the only ones with chapter illustrations (also by Mary Grandpre).  To me, these are the Potter books!

That said, I am in the middle of collecting the Bloomsbury versions as well (I have 1,2,3 & 5). I had heard that these books vary slightly from the American editions--mostly just swapping out a few British terms unknown to American audiences. But I wanted to read them for myself.


These dark covered editions are marketed as the Harry Potter Adult Set... I don't know how on board I am with them.  I guess they are pretty-- I don't think I'll be buying them though.

And I am pretty sure I won't be buying these last ones either, since they won't be made.  I actually really like the cover art on these (they remind me of the cover art of another groups of books, but I can remember which ones?!)  The link under this picture explains more about these covers and the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment