Sunday, October 24, 2010

Words from the Shire-

"It's no bad thing to celebrate a simple life!"
- Bilbo Baggins , The Fellowship of the Ring

I am not a fan of Lord of the Rings. Maybe I should reword that, since I have seen and enjoyed all of the movies. I have not read the books and therefore I cannot claim to be a real fan of the series. (I just bought the set and plan on reading them very soon). That said, there are parts of the movies that I truly love- namely the parts that take place in the Shire.  In the beginning of the first movie, Mr. Baggins says the quote I wrote above, and it has stuck with me ever since (which isn't such a long time since I only watched the movies for the first time earlier this year... I've already admitted that I am late to appreciate the whole "fantasy" genre).  Anyway, this is one of my favorite quotes and I hope to one day celebrate my own simple life-- preferably in a shire!

No comments:

Post a Comment