Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Golden Gate Park

Golden Gate Park has got to be one of the best places in the world.  It is exactly what an urban park should be- an oasis of nature in the heart of a city and a community space for all kinds of activity.  My big bro lives right next to the park, and while I don't get up north nearly enough as I'd like to, visiting him always has the added bonus of taking a nice walk. Below are some pictures of the last time Jason, Mary, Matt and I walked through the park together- it was hard to choose which picture to share because I had so many beautiful shots! Every view on our walk was picturesque, but these few make me especially happy.  (Especially the duck and the turtle, who posed for me!)

My next visit to San Francisco is all planned and I have tons to look forward to during my few days there- a Golden Girls Live! show, a Burrow-riffic Christmas, Walt's Museum- but I am also really excited about another stroll through the park.  The park has so many special places that every time I walk through I get to "discover" some new place. 


Siblings on a bridge


I almost stepped on this guy! Gotta watch where I'm going.



Flowers? or Ladybugs?

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love GG Park too. It is so peaceful and serene in some places, yet there are so many activities to take part in, as well.

    Sounds like you have a great trip planned up there. Can I come??

    ReplyDelete