Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Magical beasts from the world of Harry Potter

One of the best things about the world JK Rowling created in the Harry Potter series is the vast variety of magical creatures. I love how she blended real-life animals with fantastical beasts from mythology and of her own creation. The result is a fictional fauna that is both complex and exciting... The series would not have been the same without these notable creatures.

1. The Phoenix


2. Doxies


3. Grindylows


 4. Abraxus


5. Flesh-eating Slugs


6. The garden gnome


7. Thestrals


8. Acromantulas


9. Blast-ended Skrewt


10. Owls


11. The Hippogriff

12. Merpeople


13. Cornish Pixies


14. Pigmy Puffs


15. Unicorn


16. Bowtruckle


17. Dragons


18. Cats


19. Rats


20. Basilisk


21. Warewolf



Which ones did I miss? 

3 comments:

  1. Love the images! Would the Boggart count as a creature? And how would you picture yours? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad, not bad...

    But, let's not forget our flora brethren:

    Whomping Willow, Mandrake...

    And how, by the grace of Dumbledore, can you forget to include the Goblins? GOBLINS, I SAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is my picture of the bowtruckle!! I sent it in to a contest on mugglenet once, that's too funny. Well I'm happy it's here, I had it saved on my computer, but it crashed and I no longer have it.

    ReplyDelete