Thursday, July 19, 2012

the chaos of moving

Much of our house looks like this these days... well, maybe not most. In fact, given the fact that we have just over a week left in Los Angeles I'd say that not enough of our house looks like this! It's sad to pack. And it's a pain in the arse. But it's finally hitting us, for real. We are leaving! I mean, our apartment is already rented out to another couple! (Who, but the way, happen to seem super awesome and used to live in Edinburgh, what are the odds?) But it's strange. In a matter of days, someone else is going to be calling my home... home. And there's a little part of me that pouts about that.


But, in between the packing and the pouting, there is a lot of fun to be had. We are trying our best to see our people before we go. I enjoyed a wonderful girls night out with my BFF, and a farewell lunch with my Lillikins (who is moving out of LA the same day we are to start her PhD program, whoot!). And we also enjoyed a beautiful balmy day in the park last weekend with our favorite peeps.


And, we couldn't miss watching The Lost Boys in the park...


And who can see the lost boys without wearing fangs?!


And this happened too! Yep, that's Corey Feldman's armpit, for your viewing pleasure! His band, Truth Movement, rocked out before the movie started. It was...unforgettable!


But when we are not partying with child stars of the 80s, and when we're not hanging with our favorite people... and when we're not freaking out over picking up and heading on out of the country... it's business as usual.


I am reading The Meaning of Night by Michael Cox. I've never read a book that I enjoy this much so slowly. I think I started it back in May! It is really interesting, but I think I am too tired each night (from the aforementioned packing and Corey Feldman concerts) to read more than a couple of pages. I am dying to talk to someone who has read it, but I don't know of anyone who has!

Alright... enough with the blogging. I have to go sort through more of my stuff. I have so much of it! Way too much! And sometimes the whole concept of having all this stuff weirds me out a little, but I blame (thank?) George Carlin for that!



PS- Happy Birthday Papa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment